Friday, March 11, 2011

Way To Modesty

Yesterday was one of the most blessed days of my life. That was the day I appreciated my role as a Christian woman more. I've always been thankful that God created me as a woman and never hated becoming one, but when I read an article of Nancy Rowley in a website, I realized that I should be more thankful and striving to become a woman of virtue. Nancy Rowley, a pastor's wife, wrote an article for their website about what a virtuous woman should be like. I was so inspired by her article and told myself I would do my best to apply these godly principles in my life with God's help. Of course, it is hard as being a virtuous woman takes a life-long process. But just as what her favorite verse in the Bible states, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I printed it and surprisingly, it took me 39 pages! But it's worth it.

If you want to read the article, click here.

I was so excited to read the article all over again, so as soon as I got home, I hurriedly took my copy out and browsed it. At 5pm, our youth leader had his first bible study about Christian womanhood at home. Another blessing, I thought. That day, he talked about three kinds of women spoken in Proverbs: the foolish woman, the strange woman, and the virtuous woman. I also shared my copy to him and my other sisters in Christ

It is a wonderful blessing that out of the million people living on earth, I am one of the women chosen by God to give glory to Him. I hope to grow more and more matured in my Christian life. To be modest and virtuous is what I aspire.


Verse of the Day: "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."
         - Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment