Friday, March 11, 2011

First Post of the Seventeen Year-Old Girl

I'M SEVENTEEN!

And I'm happy to be one. At first, I thought there's nothing special with being seventeen. You see, most teenagers anticipate being 'sweet sixteen' and 'matured eighteen' but I've never someone really appreciating being seventeen. And before my birthday, I was not looking forward to being seventeen but being eighteen next year.

But somehow I realized that this year is actually one of the most essential part of my life. Seventeen. This is the year where I'll have to prepare with becoming a mature lady for the coming special year of my life. And this is very essential because my actions this year will determine what kind of a lady I will be when I turn eighteen, so I guess this will be the 'preparation year' for me and I'm excited about it.

This year, I'll be planning to explore new things and do the adult stuffs I've never tried before so that it may help me in the near future. I want to live my life without having any regrets this time. I want to do my best in everything I do and improve each day for the better. Most especially, I want to be a blessing to others.

By the way, I just turned seven last February 8 (spiritually). And I think that's old enough to act more matured in my Christian life. As a seven-year old child, I want to serve God faithfully. I want to surrender my life completely to Him and please Him every moment of my life.

But I have much to improve. I have much to change yet. And I strongly believe I will never be able to accomplish these things without God guiding me. And He will never be able to guide me if I won't allow Him to do so. Just like what was written in Proverbs 16:1, "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord."

That's why I decided to create this blog as personal diary so that I would be able to determine how I live my life everyday, to self-introspect on things I had done and had happen to me, to encourage myself to continue whenever I feel like giving up, and to always put in mind the real essence of my existence in this world.

I'll write random stuffs here about myself, my life, my Christian life, and God. And perhaps I would like to share my personal devotions, and experiences (my ups and downs) and hopefully it would encourage you in your Christian life as well.

Well, so much for the intro-post! This is Raquel Mellis. Pleased to meet you!

photo credits to: http://www.lemaze-studio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment