Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Have Bought You With a Price

This will be my first personal devotion post. I wrote this last year, October 15. I am used to writing my devotions in outline forms ever since though I try to write the usual one as well these days. So please bear with me.







My devotion includes the entire chapter of I Corinthians 6, but 19 and 20 are the key verses. These verses state:

"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


1. I have bought you with a price so that you will go to Heaven. (vv. 9-10)
 
    We are sinners and we can't afford going to Heaven by ourselves no matter how hard we work. We are doomed to hell.


2. I have bought you with a price and washed you in the name of the Lord Jesus. (v.11)

    God sent His Son, to die on the cross for our salvation.

3. I have bought you with a price yet you continue doing what displeases me. (vv.12-18)
  
    God promised we will never go to hell, but we seem to abuse that privilege given.


4. I have bought you with a price so glorify me in your body, which are mine. (vv.19-20)

    God owns is now so we can't possibly disobey him. He bought as not just with any money and luxury, but with the precious blood of His Son.

So this for now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment