Monday, March 21, 2011

My Heart's Desire



It was Sunday, March 19, when I first had interest with art. I chose sketching and painting first, but I seemed more interested with painting, particularly acrylic painting, so I decided to check it out. Ohh, I have a valid reason. During the last days of our semester, I asked a friend of mine to help me make a literally 'big book', with a size of a 1/2 illustration board. We did it for more or less a week and during those days, I enjoyed painting a lot. That was the first time I painted.

Cover page of our literally 'big book'

Before, I just appreciated paintings as paintings. I  appreciated their beauty, analyzed the meaning or symbolism of the work of art, researched in different sites and libraries for any detail about the painting and the painter, and that was it. I thought I would never be able to paint well. But when I had the chance, I had a fiery heart with doing this stuff once again. Soon, I realized this is already one of my dreams. I would try painting myself, and if it works, I will continue.

No one has seen me done such work of art before, so when they found out I'm starting to have interest with this hobby, they won't believe. Somehow, when I hear them, I felt I couldn't yet a part of me says, "Why not? It's worth to try." I won't lose anything if I do. (Well, except from the money I would spend buying paint and brush.) Who knows? This might one of God's given gifts to me which I haven't realized yet.

I knew there is something about me I haven't discovered yet. Whatever it is, I want to know and I want to use. That is why I told myself, I would give it a try.

Last night, I was surfing the net, but I didn't focus much with updating my accounts in different sites. Instead, I found myself searching for different landscapes in acrylic painting. The first scene that interested me was the view of trees, and a forest perhaps. Lately, I have seen a contemporary Japanese art of a moon. I thought the moon was beautiful. So I thought, perhaps this would be my first goal.



 I have decided. I will try painting a full moon this vacation. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me! (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment