Friday, June 17, 2011

Quote for the Day

"It's impossible to spell good without G O D."-Mellis, 2011




Just came to my mind yesterday, and I realized it's a quotable quote.hehe

I remember our first meeting in one of my subjects, Philosophical Analysis, where we defined philosophy and shared ideas related to it. My professor told us that in order to find happiness, you need to find the truth. And where truth is, there you will find goodness.

That moment, I recalled what Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." Though I know our professor only pertained to philosophy itself and not God, still there is a connection between the two.

I have met a lot of people of different beliefs and denominations, both believers and unbelievers, both faithful and unfaithful, but I haven't seen a person who can be completely good without God. God is the truth and only through will we find goodness and not only happiness, but joy. There might be Confucius and other philosophers but all good things they say also originates from the Bible, from the commandments of God. Thus, morality is all about spirituality. So people who don't believe God couldn't possibly be like God. Same with those who don't follow God. Even though we're already saved, still we cannot do what's good and acceptable if we don't obey God. There sin and immorality starts. But the reason why true believers cannot be completely evil is because they have the Holy Spirit in them that speaks to their hearts, and that Holy Spirit is God himself.

God is everything about us. No matter how hard we try to deny Him, to forsake Him, to ignore Him, still He is there and we cannot hide that truth. Just like what the Bible says, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good." God exists. He lives and He is the truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment