Friday, June 7, 2013

Thoughts...Realizations (During the First Week of Classes)

It's been a while since I decided to make this blog private for some reasons I no longer remember (hehe). Anyway, there has been a number of changes that happened in my life since then.

1. Yes, I successfully graduated from college this year by God's grace! Truly a blessing from above! Although there had been a number of people who helped me along the way-- my parents, my uncle, my friends, brothers and sisters in Christ who prayed for me, etc.-- there's someone whom I owe everything: the Lord Jesus Christ. He's the one who's been with me all along, through my pains, struggles, challenges, and through my successes, blessings, and joys. God has always been there and by His grace I believe I am so blessed. :)

2. I enrolled for a one-year certificate program (though still tentative) where I think will really be entirely upon God's grace. He will provide and suffice and if He wills me to continue, this might be one of the greatest blessings I've had in my life. There's much more that God has to purge and mold so that I may be able to conform to His image.

Training. Growth. Spiritual intimacy.

I do not desire for more, really. If there's something I really desire in my life, it's to (1) be able to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, spirit, and strength, to love Him so much that I'll always give Him the first claim of my life; to love Him so much that I'll desire to be in fellowship with Him every single minute of my life; to love Him so much that I won't dare hurt His feelings and that I'll do everything to glorify Him, (2) be more like Christ that when people look at me and my life, it's not me but Jesus whom they will see, that every time I do something, it will be for a blessing and of service to others; that my life will be focused outward, striving to honor God and minister to men in order to please Him; that in every character, every conduct, represents my Savior, my Lord; and that everything I do, there's a name who will be lifted up: Jesus, the sweetest name I know, and (3) be a virtuous woman, a woman God desires every woman to be, a woman who abides in the Word, who fears the Lord, who rests on His promises, who keeps His commandments, a woman who has a good testimony for the Lord.

There are many voices around me telling me what I should do in order to please men. Voices that tell me doing them means obedience...but the Lord speaks to my heart that no matter what happens, I should put Him first in my life. I should seek Him, and I should spend my time and resources for things that truly satisfy. It's so contradicting. Like the east is from the west. Things are not going my way. Things are going very unexpectedly. But God is able to deliver me, I know. He will give me wisdom to make wise and right decisions...to do what He really wills. I am so weak yet He is strong. And the more I encounter difficulties, the more I think of Him, the more I feel weak and incompetent, the more I realize He's strong and powerful. I know that His grace is sufficient for me for His strength is made perfect in weakness. Most rather therefore will I glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. To God be the glory!

credits to Bible Verse Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment