Friday, March 23, 2012

The Torch Is Ours

My third year in college will soon be over. After our summer vacation will be the last school year. On March 16,  our campus held a torch ceremony-- a program where we would be entrusted by the seniors to take hold of their position as they leave our alma mater. It was our version of Junior-Senior Prom.

For the first time in my college life, I was able to wear a 'not really' Filipiniana costume. It was a too expensive though compared with the market price.

a picture with my best friend
We had to stand up all throughout the program. During our practice, it was tiresome but it had become easier on the actual program since we got used to it.


The climax of the ceremony was the lighting of the biggest torch and displaying of fireworks. I was able to meet my senior partner, who was a General Science major. She lighted her torch and passed it to me while I gave her my bouquet of flowers in return.

the torch


fireworks display

my senior partner




At last! The top view of our torch ceremony. :)

Finally, after the program we had a class picture taking. I was able to take pictures with my friends, too.





Now I wonder what will happen next year...

1 comment: