Wednesday, July 27, 2011

God is Always Ready To Bless You



I have just read the book, The Prayer of Jabez, a few days ago. Basically, it talks about blessings and how you pray to make God bless you. I do not really much agree that you have to pray exactly what Jabez prayed to God, but it was very encouraging to think that God is always there, ready to bless you. You just have to ask him just as any child asks from his father.




God wants you to follow him. But it doesn't mean that you have to be "worthy" to be blessed by Him. Feeling worthy is a self-judgment. Sometimes, we measure ourselves according to our own standards and feel very unworthy to pray to God or ask him when we find ourselves lacking. It is not others who judge whether we are faithful or not. It is not us who measure whether we are worthy or not. It is God. God knows everything and He has the right to judge our works. He wants us not to rely on our own strength, but depend entirely on Him that through His grace, we can do what will glorify His name. Just like what the Bible says in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 







Always rely on God as you follow His commandments. Acknowledge Him in all your ways. Trust Him. And you can expect that He will open the windows of heaven and shower you with blessings!

Have a nice day!

Raquel

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Raquel! {I did my header at www.picnik.com. It was a collage:)}I am glad that you liked my background:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! I love Philippians 4:13. :)

    Thank-you for following my blog, Confessions of a Maine Teenager! I'm now following your blog! :)

    Blessings

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete